DunPort Capital Management DAC was founded in 2017 by the senior executives of BlueBay Asset Management responsible for managing the Irish direct / alternative lending platform through BlueBay Ireland Corporate Credit I DAC (“BICC”).
BICC, a €450m investment vehicle supported by the Irish Strategic Investment Fund and other institutional investors, managed by BlueBay and advised by DunPort, has been providing alternative debt capital solutions to mid-sized Irish companies for refinancing, growth, acquisition and shareholder re-organisation purposes since its launch in July 2013. Since its inception, the DunPort team, in deploying BICC capital have completed 33 transactions, with 22 companies with a combined value in excess of €400m.
DunPort has been established to continue, as an advisor to BlueBay in relation to BICC, and perpetuate, via independent successor funds, the provision of flexible, alternative debt capital solutions to SMEs and mid-corporates.
At DunPort, we differentiate our alternative funding solutions from other sources of debt capital in the following ways:
- Speed of response and access to decision makers
- Certainty of execution and flexibility of our investment process
- Continuity of relationship throughout the term of the funding
- Willingness to understand a business and structure an appropriate funding package utilising a broad range of financing capabilities - see our Capital Solutions
- Uses of funding including growth, acquisition, refinance (existing debt) or re-capitalisation (shareholder de-risking and re-alignment)
- Quantum of funding and the ability to minimise the potentially dilutive impact of new capital on existing shareholdings
DunPort seeks to partner with growing SME’s and mid-corporates across all sectors of the economy and can provide capital solutions for a wide range of needs. Please refer to our Investment Criteria, Capital Solutions and Track Record sections to learn more about our capabilities and ascertain if we can potentially be a solution to your funding needs.