DunPort Capital Management DAC was founded in 2017 by the senior executives of BlueBay Asset Management responsible for managing the Irish direct / alternative lending platform through BlueBay Ireland Corporate Credit I DAC (“BICC”).
DunPort, with the support of a number of domestic institutional investors, have completed the first close of the Elm Corporate Credit fund ("Elm") at €283m. DunPort, through the Elm vehicle, will seek to provide flexible debt capital solutions for large SMEs and mid-sized corporates across Ireland. DunPort will seek to provide debt capital to support businesses across a wide range of sectors generating revenues in excess of €5m that require debt to fund scaling of their activities through investment and development expenditure, acquisitions, recapitalisations or to resolve legacy financing issues
BICC, a €450m investment vehicle supported by the Irish Strategic Investment Fund and other institutional investors, managed by BlueBay and advised by DunPort, has been providing alternative debt capital solutions to mid-sized Irish companies for refinancing, growth, acquisition and shareholder re-organisation purposes since its launch in July 2013. Since its inception, the DunPort team, in deploying BICC capital have completed 35 transactions, with 23 companies with a combined value in excess of €420m.
At DunPort, we differentiate our alternative funding solutions from other sources of debt capital in the following ways:
- Speed of response and access to decision makers
- Certainty of execution and flexibility of our investment process
- Continuity of relationship throughout the term of the funding
- Willingness to understand a business and structure an appropriate funding package utilising a broad range of financing capabilities
- Uses of funding including growth, acquisition, refinance (existing debt) or re-capitalisation (shareholder de-risking and re-alignment)
- Quantum of funding and the ability to minimise the potentially dilutive impact of new capital on existing shareholdings