DunPort Capital Management DAC was founded in 2017 by the senior executives of BlueBay Asset Management responsible for managing the Irish direct lending platform through BlueBay Ireland Corporate Credit I DAC (“BICC”).
DunPort is an Irish owned and managed asset management company focused on the private debt asset class. DunPort, through Elm Corporate Credit DAC (its €285m direct lending platform), provides flexible debt and hybrid capital solutions for SMEs and mid-sized corporates across Ireland and the UK.
The DunPort team have been providing flexible capital solutions to mid-sized companies since 2013 and during this time have deployed over €440m in support of 24 diverse companies across 38 unique transactions.
We seek to support established businesses across a wide range of sectors that require flexible capital to fund the scaling of their activities through investment and development expenditure or acquisitions. In addition, we can support management buy outs, buy and build strategies, recapitalisations (including money out to existing shareholders), succession planning, refinancing or enhancement of existing finance facilities or other transactional events.
At DunPort, we differentiate our alternative funding solutions from other sources of debt capital in the following ways:
- Speed of response and access to locally based decision makers
- Certainty of execution and flexibility of our investment process
- Continuity of relationship throughout the term of the funding
- Willingness to understand a business, its key drivers and risk factors and structure an appropriate funding package utilising a broad range of financing capabilities
- Uses of funding including growth, acquisition, refinance (existing debt) or re-capitalisation (shareholder de-risking and re-alignment)
- Quantum of funding and the ability to minimise the potentially dilutive impact of new capital on existing shareholdings